Thank you for your interest in the González Pre-Law Academy ("GPLA")! To be considered for the 2023-2024 GPLA cohort, please complete all sections of this application: Link
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 4, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Section 1: Demographic Information
Section 2: Academic Information
Please be ready to upload a copy of your resume.
Section 3: Personal Essays
Please select and write two (2) total essays, one from Category A and one from Category B. Essays will be read in the order they appear. Any additional essays submitted will not be read.
Category A (250 words max.)
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you AND what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
Category B (250 words max.)
- What does going to law school mean for you?
- Some scholars have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- What makes a good lawyer a great lawyer?
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, please email PreLawAG@ucdavis.edu